5 Tried and True Methods to Clean your Antique Jewelries
You are an antique lover who loves to accessorize yourself with old jewelry but are unsure about how to keep it clean and safe. To give you ultimate relief, I’ve brought a few DIY ideas that help in cleansing long-time-kept rare antique jewelry like a pro.
However, when ornaments are kept for long periods of time without any usage, they leave moisture and tend to tarnish very quickly. And sometimes, it becomes very difficult to clean them. In such a case, we can apply the following methods to keep the jewels in perfect condition and wear them whenever we want to.
Let’s dive in and find the casket of secret tips to clean the gold, silver, platinum, or costume jewelry…
How can you clean old jewelry at home without causing any damage?
If you’re willing to store your precious items or want to wear them, the following are the ways to keep vintage gold jewelry from getting tarnished or degrading. Try out these simple steps right away!
- Take some lukewarm water and add a pinch of mild detergent (depending on the size of the jewelry).
- Soak it for 15 to 20 minutes to let it dissolve better for quick cleaning.
- Gently brush it off for 2–3 minutes with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Wash it with fresh water and dry it by patting it with a cotton cloth.
- Take a bowl of warm water with some dish-wash mix or distilled vinegar.
- Soak it for a short period of time (10–15 minutes).
- Brush the silver ring gently to remove the tarnish.
- Wash it with lukewarm water and dry it with a soft cloth.
- You can also use lemon juice for instant cleaning.
- A bowl of water mixed with non-harsh dish detergent with 2-3 drops of ammonia
- Soak the jewelry for a while, i.e., 10–15 minutes, to make it more intricate.
- Scrub it gently with a tooth brush to eliminate the dirt.
- Wash it with running water and wipe it with a soft cotton cloth.
- Mix a solution of warm water and dish-wash soap.
- Dip a cotton ball in water and lightly scrub the Boho jewelry to remove the green gunk, dirt, and debris.
- Wash it with fresh water and wipe it with a lint-free cloth.
Note: Remember that gemstone ornaments are very sensitive. Clean them carefully and gently.
- Take some warm water and a mild dish-wash solution.
- Scrub it softly with a tooth brush.
- Wash it away with warm water.
- Pat dry with a cotton cloth.
Note: The same steps of gold jewelry can be applied to fine jewelry cleaning as well.
If you’re searching for the best place to sell vintage jewelry near me or online, we are precious metal buyers. We also buy un-used precious metal ornaments at the highest rate.
Antique and vintage jewelry cleaning made easy!
Always remember that when not in use, these precious metal jewelry items should be kept safely in a cool and dry place. You can wrap it in crinkled paper or a pink paper sheet and store it in a jewelry box. Storing in such a manner can protect your old and retro-era jewelry from tarnishing and unwanted dirt.
Thus, these are the most tried and tested antique jewelry cleaner methods for cleaning your ornaments without causing any damage. Give them a try and share the results with us to let us know our blog post helped you maintain your precious items.
To make it more easy, you can hand them to our expert; we also repair and clean jewelry like a pro with complete transparency. Also, if you want to sell your unused antique jewelry online, you can get in touch with us anytime. Contact us now!